Hello Attractive and Intelligent Readers,
If you or someone you know is thinking of doing a short sale on a property they may be eligible to receive cash back for completing a short sale if their loan is with Bank of America.
There are currently 21 short sales on the market in Coral Gables….Black Jack!
The program is called a Cooperative Short Sale and seller’s could be eligible to receive $5,000-$20,000 in cash back if they fit the following requirements…If you think you may qualify give me a call at 305-283-4470 and I will be glad to discuss the details.
In the immortal words of Mel Brooks, if you can read this you don’t need glasses…
- Ginnie Mae, FHA, VA and USDA loans are ineligible for participation
- Lot loans are ineligible for participation
- Properties outside Florida are not eligible for participation
- Short sales initiated with an offer are not currently eligible for the enhanced relocation assistance
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I find out if my client/homeowner qualifies for this relocation assistance?
Call a Bank of America short sale specialist at 1.877.459.2852,
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern
Do I have to do anything different to initiate or complete the short sale?
No. If the homeowner’s short sale is initiated between Sept. 26 and Dec. 12, 2011, and the property closes by Aug. 31, 2012, the homeowner will be eligible.
Will the relocation assistance funds be reported on the HUD-1?
Yes, they will be documented on the HUD-1, and a 1099-MISC will be issued.
Can the relocation assistance funds be used to pay off existing liens?
Yes, if the investor approves it.
Will this enhanced relocation assistance waive the homeowner’s deficiency?
An additional benefit for these pre-offer programs, such as HAFA and Bank of America’s proprietary program, is that deficiency may be waived for homeowners who qualify.
Is the relocation assistance added to any other incentives, such as HAFA or Bank of America proprietary program incentives?
No. A homeowner will receive the $5,000 to $20,000 in place of the typical incentive paid out by these programs. The relocation assistance is essentially an enhancement to the standard payout offered on these programs.
Is the enhanced relocation assistance available for other programs?
The enhanced relocation assistance is currently available only to short sale programs initiated without an offer. However, as we gauge the success, we may extend this incentive to other programs.
Homeowners and agents may call 1.877.459.2852 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern to speak to a Bank of America short sale specialist about this exciting relocation assistance offering.
* The relocation assistance payment is calculated based on the unpaid principal balance of the homeowner’s loan and the type of short sale that the homeowner completes, but will not be less than $5,000 or more than $20,000. The payment amount will be calculated based on the homeowner’s loan balance as of August 2011 and the short sale program in which the homeowner is eligible. The payment will be delivered at the time of closing if the homeowner complies with all terms and conditions of the Short Sale Agreement, including the satisfaction of all second liens and presentation of clear title for the property (the relocation assistance payment can be used to clear those liens). If the homeowner does not comply with all terms and conditions of the Short Sale Agreement, the homeowner will not receive the relocation assistance payment. Even if the homeowner receives relocation assistance, Bank of America, N.A., and their successors and assigns may reserve and retain the right to pursue collection of any deficiency following the completion of the short sale, unless otherwise prohibited by law. The amount of the deficiency and relocation assistance will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the appropriate 1099 Form or Forms. We suggest that homeowners contact the IRS or their tax preparer to determine if they have any tax liability. This offer is for Florida properties only. To receive the relocation assistance, the property must close by Aug. 31, 2012.
———–HERE ENDS THE LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SHENANIGANS
Since I always like to include a photo…
My readers are the best and most attractive! Thank you for your continued support but please stop camping outside my home!
Joshua T. Reich, P.A.
“Knowledge, Professionalism, Diligence”
RE/Max Advance Realty